[The Caine Prize] Kenyan writer Idza Luhumyo has been awarded the 2022 AKO Caine Prize for African Writing for her short story ‘Five Years Next Sunday’, published in Disruption (Catalyst Press and Short Story Day Africa, 2021). She is the fifth Kenyan writer to win the award after Binyavanga Wainaina (2002), Yvonne Owuor (2003), Okwiri Oduor (2014) and Makena Onjerika (2018).
National Catholic Register
- Christian leaders in Syria call for an end to ‘unjust’ sanctions that they say hamper aid to the needy
- European bishops call for release of Nicaraguan bishop due to stand trial for conspiracy
- Priest kidnapped in Haiti; captors demand ransom
- Pope Francis in video message: Human trafficking ‘disfigures’ human dignity
- Ukrainian Catholics will now celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25 in a shift toward the West
No comments to show.