[This is Africa] Kenya is struggling with its public debt, a heavy burden to the long-suffering citizens. Debt servicing currently sits at 65% of the total national budget. For every 100 shilling that the government has been collecting, 65 shillings has been going to debt repayment. As the debt spirals out of control, the corresponding poverty level is rising sharply.
National Catholic Register
- ‘Christ is our future’: Vatican announces theme, schedule for Pope Francis’ Budapest trip
- Meet the new Nigerian secretary for the Vatican Dicastery for Evangelization
- Disney doc features Pope Francis’ talk with Gen Z on LGBTQ issues, abortion, and more
- Beautiful new film on Camino de Santiago pilgrimage is a ‘perfect Lenten meditation’
- Benedict’s personal secretary searches for five cousins who are heirs of the late pontiff
No comments to show.