[Dabanga] Geneva — At least 20 Sudanese women and girls are reported to have been “abducted and held in inhuman, degrading slave-like conditions”, according to UN Human Rights spokesperson Liz Throssell. In a briefing at Geneva’s Palais des Nations on Friday, she expressed her deep alarm at reports, urging for the captives’ release, and for them to be provided with the necessary medical and psychosocial support.
National Catholic Register
- Sudan: RSF Claims to Have Seized Country’s Telecoms
- Ethiopia: Commission Exposes Disturbing Human Rights Abuses Across Country
- Seychelles: Explosion and Flooding – President Lifts State of Emergency
- East Africa: The Worst Is Yet to Come – Severe Floods Ravage Eastern Africa, Threatening More Hunger
- East Africa: 4 East African Countries Are Going for Nuclear Power – Why This Is a Bad Idea
No comments to show.