[WFP] N’djamena — The United Nations World Food programme (WFP) is today warning of a looming halt to its food and nutrition assistance to 1.4 million crisis-affected populations in Chad – including newly arrived Sudanese refugees – due to funding constraints. This comes as aid agencies scramble to respond to a fresh wave of refugees fleeing an unimaginable humanitarian crisis unfolding in neighbouring Darfur amid reports of mass killings, rapes, and widespread destruction.
National Catholic Register
- Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Sudan: RSF Claims to Have Seized Country’s Telecoms
- Ethiopia: Commission Exposes Disturbing Human Rights Abuses Across Country
- Seychelles: Explosion and Flooding – President Lifts State of Emergency
- East Africa: The Worst Is Yet to Come – Severe Floods Ravage Eastern Africa, Threatening More Hunger
No comments to show.